Friday, February 15, 2013

Just Showing UP

Just Showing Up


The above image has absolutely nothing to do with the subject.  I just liked it....  I guess if it had a full moon in it I could title it Moonrise Over Monument Valley (Homage to Ansel)

Chuck Close, who in addition to being one of the great artists of our times has also become one of the best philosophers of our time, recently said something to the effect that inspiration is for amateurs, the rest of us just show up.  I am often struck at the amount of work it takes to create an image that satisfies me.  In the manner that some images are too easy to read, I think there is also something to images that are too easy to create.  Hard work on an image does not create a great image, but hard work on an image often leads to a flow of the creative juices that, potentially, can lead to a great image.  Sometimes it's a different image, but I have found that the harder I work the more images I find that interest me.  Maybe there is a connection...........

No comments:

Post a Comment