Monday, November 15, 2010

Art Speak















In discussing my work recently I stated that I thought the quasi-innovative monochromatic schema represented in my early work had been replaced by my more spontaneous totemic tonality to bring my current vision more in keeping with the current proto-evocative gestural illusionism so rampant in the current art market. I think in the next few years we will see progression to the personal archaistic simultaneity so rejected by current art critics with their limited vision so attuned to the primitive plastic iconography.

This was too good to pass up. A friend gave me an article by Donald Holden in which he created a Chinese Menu for Art Lovers consisting of three columns. You can pick a word from each column and generate totally unintelligible phrases that sound like you know what you are talking about in the art world.

In keeping with the theme, the above pictures of dead, rotten, smelly, decaying fish on the shores of the Salton Sea have been transformed into into the patterned perceptual construction so evident in today's art scene. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I got to the end of the first paragraph and wondered what in $@# had happened to you. I was particularly taken with "spontaneous totemic tonality".

    Then kept reading. Hahaha.

    Finsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That concept works well with computer programming as well.

    ReplyDelete