Friday, June 25, 2010

Never Trade Luck for Skill


Many blog posts ago I commented on how terrific the National Building Museum was. The interior is amazing.

Freud was wrong. Sex is not our strongest drive, the urge to edit is far stronger! Particularly if it is not your own work.

Along that vein, I was exploring how layers blend in Photoshop and needed an image. For reasons totally unknown, I picked one of my images of the interior of the National Building Museum. Yes, there is also an urge to edit your own work also. Nothing is ever as good as it could be.

I was merrily creating new layers and changing the blending options when one came up particularly dark. I wondered what might really be there if it were lightened. To wit, I lightened it and to my surprise this psychedelic neon image appeared on my monitor.

Not content to leave well enough alone (i.e. anything worth doing is worth doing to excess) I started fooling around with the color pallet. Voila! The above image came up.

As any good photographer knows, skill and cunning not withstanding, nothing beats pure dumb luck!

1 comment:

  1. OMG.....this is just simply plastic fantastic eye-popping outstanding! Who would have thought that this was even possible...... to go off the deep end with this utmost of formal buildings. It is really beautiful in it's "natural" state and also astonishingly beautiful the way you have re imaged it. You are having fuuuuuuuun!
    I really want photoshop now!
    enog

    ReplyDelete